Last February we adopted Kuma - a Border Collie & German Shephard mix from Alabama. Kuma means bear in Japanese (can you see the resemblance?), so we thought it only appropriate to teach her commands in Japanese.
- iiko - good girl/boy
- dame - no/bad
- osuwari - sit
- fuse - down
- oide - come
- mate - wait
- yosh - ok (often paired with mate)
- ato - heel (literally translation is after)
- sagare - back off/leave it
Other Useful Vocab
- gohan - food
- mizu - water
- nenne - sleep/go to bed
- soto - outside/want to go out?
- sampo - walk
- koori - ice (Kuma loves eating ice in the summer)
And now for a lot of cute puppy pictures.